Miss Edye's Texas Trash
A crispy, crunchy, spicy snack mix that is perfect for gift giving and holiday snacks.
- 4 cups Crispix Cereal
- 4 cups corn Chex
- 2 cups rice Chex
- 2 cups wheat Chex
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup bacon grease
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
You'll need a 5 quart bowl to mix the Texas Trash.
Melt the butter and bacon grease in the microwave.
Stir in the seasonings and pecans.
Microwave on high for 1 minute
Add the cereal and stir to blend well.
Microwave for 6 minutes, stirring often.
Turn out onto paper towels,
Serving: 1gCalories: 228kcalCarbohydrates: 21.3gProtein: 4.1gFat: 15.1gSaturated Fat: 3.1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 256mgFiber: 2.7gSugar: 3g