Aragula and Grilled Pear Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
This arugula and grilled pear salad combines the peppery flavor of arugula with the sweetness of grilled pears tossed in tangy Dijon vinaigrette dressing.
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 pears sliced
- 6 cups Arugula
- 1 pint blueberries optional
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts optional
In a large bowl, whisk together shallots, oiive oil, vinegar, salt, and Dijon. Toss quartered pears in dressing, remove and grill for a couple of minutes on each side to lightly toast and soften.
Add arugula to remaining dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad onto 4 plates, fan pears to the side of the salad, sprinkle with walnuts and/or blueberries, if desired, and serve.