These candy filled Chocolate Heart Cups are my idea of a perfect Valentine’s Day gift! My inspiration came from this Chocolate Fruit Filled Cup from Tammy and Lyssie Lakatos at The Nutrition Twins. I loved their idea of filling the chocolate cups with strawberries, but I couldn’t resist filling my chocolate cups with Valentine M&M’s!
Valentine’s Day is about red and pink. Hugs and kisses. Sweets and Chocolate. School class parties and sweethearts exchanging love notes.
Call me corny but I love every Valentines note/card I’ve gotten from my kids and husband!
I also love delivering special little goodies to friends and family to let them know how much I love and appreciate them.
Best part about these Heart Filled Cups? They are quick and easy to make, you can whip out a batch, and spend your Valentine’s Day having fun delivering them!
This Pin Rocks!
- 1 Bag Milk or dark melting chocolate
- Valentine M&M's
- Rub a small amount of olive or cooking oil in each heart shaped silicone mold and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a medium mixing bowl in the microwave, or in a medium saucepan on the stove.
- Pour in enough chocolate to cover the bottom and sides of each heart mold.
- Refrigerate for 40 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Carefully remove chocolate hearts from the silicon mold.
- Fill with candy, fruit or mousse.
- Dab a small amount of melted chocolate on each heart where you want to the bow to go. Place the bow over the melted chocolate and apply gently pressure until the chocolate hardens and holds the bow in place.