These Coconut Crispy Balls are a no-bake treat that are perfect for Christmas parties and gifts. They will look so pretty sitting on a festive plate!
Mandy here from Mandy’s Recipe Box today! I love old recipes. You know they are amazing when they keep getting passed down from generation to generation. This recipe for Coconut Crispy Balls was originally called Coconut Date Balls, but I didn’t want the name to deter anyone from the dates so I changed it. I don’t care for dates, but one of these little balls made me forget that. My stepmom made some and one bite was all it took for me to immediately ask for the recipe. It does put raw eggs in them, but the mixture is so hot when you add the eggs that you will be perfectly fine. I mean, people have been making these and eating them for years and no one has died from this tasty treat. Google it.
Coconut Crispy Balls
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup chopped dates
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal like Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts of your choice
- coconut flakes for coating
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter 50-60 seconds in the mircowave.
- Add sugar, dates, milk and salt; stir.
- Microwave 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cereal and nuts.
- Pour hot mixture over the cereal mixture; stir to combine all.
- Chill in the fridge until cold.
- Roll into balls and then into coconut flakes.
Be sure to check out these recipes:
This awesome post has been shared with Tatertots and Jello and Living Well Spending Less