Are you ready for a recipe that you will be asked for over and over? These Cookie Dough Brownies might just be your new favorite goodie. Trust me, you will be the best Grammy ever when the grandkids come over and you have these waiting for them!
Most kids love cookie dough ice cream (I am a lover of eating straight cookie dough. Don’t judge me!) and if yours do too, then you’ll want to make room for these yummy brownies.
A moist base of brownies topped with a cookie dough middle with the crowning top of melted chocolate chips make these brownies a treat that will disappear fast.
- BROWNIE BASE
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Cool completely
- For filling, cream butter and sugars together in a medium bowl.
- Add in milk and vanilla
- Beat in flour.
- Spread over the cooled brownies and chill until firm.
- For glaze, melt regular semi-sweet chocolate chips and shortening in microwave. Watch to make sure chocolate chips don't burn. I usually do about 25 seconds and then stir until smooth. Repeat until completely melted.
- Spread melted chocolate over filling.
- Sprinkle mini chips over chocolate while still warm.
- Let cool. Then watch them go!
I hope you enjoy these as much as our family does!