If you don’t want to bring home leftovers, this Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette is the dish to bring. And you had better print out recipes and bring them with you. ‘Cause you are going to get asked. I recently made this for two events, a potluck and a family dinner. At the potluck, it was one of the first things gone. At dinner, everyone wanted the recipe, and have been waiting for me to post it to here at MFP.My niece introduced me to this terrific recipe she found on Pinterest from Once Upon a Chef. When she brought it, everyone asked for the recipe. When I bring it, I get asked for the recipe. And it is a good thing I had set some aside for taking pictures before I served it, or I would have had to make it again. Which would not have been such a bad thing. It is great on a salad of greens with Chicken. It is great for a quick lunch. I have had a few bites for breakfast. My gluten free friend was glad to have something yummy that she could eat.
I definitely recommend using the Magic Way to Cook Corn on the Cob for this recipe. It made it so quick and easy to put this recipe together. I love that this dish has a combination of colors, textures and flavors that are all ta-asty! We served ours with corn tortilla chips, but it definitely stands as a salad on it’s own. If fresh corn is out of season, frozen corn could be substituted.
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,best quality
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except Hass avocado. Let sit for a few hours and add avocado just before serving with extra cilantro as garnish.
This Pin Rocks!
Check out these great sites we are linked with today: Chase the Star, While He Was Napping, CraftBerry Bush, The Frugal Girls, Serenity Now Blog, Just Us Four, The Pin Junkie, Living Well Spending Less, The Shabby Nest, Six Sister’s Stuff