This is the easy apple crisp recipe with a buttery, crunchy oat streusel topping spread over warm, sweet apples. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and vegan to boot.
Hello MFP fans! I hope you’ve all enjoyed the holidays. From October to February we are bombarded with all kinds of holidays. Not that March doesn’t have any holidays, but St. Patrick’s Day isn’t a huge affair at my house–at least not now that the kids are grown up.
I’m working on a cookbook right now with a publishing company! Yep, you heard it right. It is a holiday cook book featuring recipes for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and will go on sale in September. I’m super excited. It has been a huge undertaking–more so than I thought, but it will have more than 80 recipes full of illustrations and pictures.
Because I’ve been baking so much, I’ve had the chance to sample all kinds of delicious and savory dishes. This Apple Crisp recipe is one of my favorite! It won’t be in the cookbook, but it’s definitely a keeper!
Everything Bagel Recipe (Dairy Free, Egg Free, Low Fat + Vegan)
Amish White Bread Recipe (Thee Best Sandwich Bread)
- 8 small to medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped (A variety of both sweet and tart apples are the best!)
- Dash lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heaping ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Heaping ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup gluten free old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup non-dairy butter, melted (such as Earth Balance brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9- x 9-inch baking dish with a light coating of cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together apples and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Add to apples and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking dish; set aside.
- For Topping:
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, meal, oats, cinnamon and salt. Add melted butter and mix until it resembles wet sand. Sprinkle over top of apples. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 15 to 30 minutes.
- Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Top with dairy free ice cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum!
Recipe adapted from the Minimalist Baker