French Onion Blue Cheese Sliders loaded with melty blue cheese and caramelized onions. The perfect tailgating meal!
Hi Guys! It’s Kelley over at Chef Savvy! Today I am going to be sharing with you one of my favorite Tailgating recipes: French Onion Blue Cheese Sliders!
I make my french onion sliders a little differently than other recipes. No soup mix is added to the ground beef. Instead I load up the ground beef with worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and garlic. I top the burgers off with caramelized onions that are tossed with beef broth. Blue cheese slices are added for a bit of tang.
I topped my sliders with blue cheese, however gruyere would also go great on this burger.
All of the flavors of french onion soup you love packed into a mini slider! They are the perfect tailgating food!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon worsteshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 blue cheese slices
- 6 slider rolls
- Heat butter in a medium skillet.
- Add onions and cook over low-medium heat for 30 minutes. Try not to stir the onions too much. The onions should turn golden brown. If they are getting too brown turn the heat down to low.
- Stir in the beef broth. Set aside until ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- Meanwhile add ground beef, worsteshire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder to a large bowl. Mix with your hands until combined. Portion into 6 sliders. Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers to your liking and top each slider with blue cheese a minute before taking them off of the grill.
- Serve burgers on slider rolls and top with warm caramelized onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Connect with Kelley on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.