We are so excited to have Mandy back with us to day with a great slow cooker recipe.Check this out!
Have you done much cooking with chicken thighs? I generally stick with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. For this dish, I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I didn’t even know you could buy such a thing. Awesome! You could totally use bone-in thighs because the meat will fall right off those bones when you make this Honey Garlic Chicken. And it’s amazing! Though next time I will add stir fry veggies to give it something extra.
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup honey
6 or 7 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
2/3 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix together the honey, garlic, soy sauce, and ketchup. Add the onions and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep from drying out.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water. Pour into slow cooker and stir. Turn to high if not already on it. Replace lid and let it go for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Cut up or shred chicken and place back in the slow cooker; stir and turn to low or warm and replace lid until ready to serve.
- Serve over rice and garnish with parsley if desired.
Check out these recipes:
Connect with me…