Today is the day that we always look forward to because Jeni from Bakerette is here on our blog. Jeni always delivers outstanding recipes and today is no exception. Look what she has in store for us!
Get the love of a Philly Cheesesteak wrapped up in a sloppy joe to make these awesome Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes!
This recipe is a Friday pig-out-and-still-wear-a-swimsuit-on-Saturday type of food. It’s so quick and tasty, it can be an eat-at-lunch-and-again-for-dinner kind of food. And if you’re looking for a party recipe, this is an impress-your-neighbors-with-pizzazz kind of food.
Either way you choose to eat these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes, you will not only be licking off your fingers, but you’ll be licking off your plate to absorb every little sloppy joe morsel there is.
Guarantee you’ll go back for more!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, thinly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup A-1 Steak Sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning, i.e., McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced Provolone cheese
- Hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, drain and set aside.
- On medium heat, warm olive oil and saute onion and bell pepper until onions are soft and transparent. Add cooked ground beef to onion and bell peppers.
- Whisk together beef broth, cornstarch and A-1 Steak Sauce pour into hamburger mixture. Stir in steak seasoning, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Layer sliced cheese across the top of the hamburger mixture and allow to melt. Scoop meat onto a bun and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
But wait…There’s more from Bakerette.com. Check out these other great recipes. Just click on the pics for recipes:
Thanks so much Jeni! I now know what’s on the menu for dinner this weekend!
We’re sharing this post with: