Jeni from Bakerette is guest posting today. Wait till you see what she has in store for us. Just in time for BBQ season starting up!
I’ve hit a new low….well, maybe it’s a high…maybe both. A high because it’s Coca-Cola on ribs! A low because they are addictive. The fam’s gone nutso over these Slow Cooker Cola Ribs . Once you sink your teeth into these ribs, you just can’t stop eating them. Maybe it’s the chewy tenderness or the smoky goodness of a summer barbecue that make these ribs irresistible.
Coca-Cola really tenderizes and sweetens these ribs as they slow cook to perfection; and the BBQ sauce adds a tangy flavoring for a combined sweet, tender, and spicy taste.
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup cola
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
- Combine brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and if desired, liquid smoke, in a small bowl. Rub over the ribs coating completely. Layer the ribs and onion in a greased 5-quart slow cooker. Pour Coca-cola over the ribs, cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Drain liquid from ribs and pour barbecue sauce over ribs and continue cooking for one hour longer. Serve while hot.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home, Busy Family Recipes, p82
I love Debbie, Tracy and Sherri and am so grateful and honored to be a contributor on their fabulous blog!
If you like this recipe, you might enjoy these other recipes at Bakerette.com. Just click on the pictures to get the full recipe:
Thanks so much Jeni! Anything that goes in the crockpot and looks this good is a keeper!