Raise your hand if you have ever traveled with kids. Now, raise your hand (and be honest) if the words “travel with kids” strikes fear in your soul and/or gives you heart palpitations. Oh boy. If you raised your hand to that last one, we have something in common friend, or shall I say, comrade? This post is for you sister, tips to traveling with grandkids. And you know what? Not only will you survive, but your grandkids will come out at the end rejoicing, singing praises of grandma, the one who saved them all from a long, dreadfully boring road trip. To traveling, road-tripping grandmothers everywhere, we salute you.
This post may contain affiliate links. What does this mean? If you purchase something we get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting our blog! For more information, click to see our disclosure policy.
5. Word Building Activity- This activity from I Heart Crafty Things is perfect for kids learning to read!
8. Car Kit- Ingenious! This car kit from Mother’s Niche has everything you and your darlings need to survive a long drive!
9. Road Trip Snack Necklace- How fun are these necklaces from And This is How the Story Goes?! These are sure to last a good, long time, and your sweet grandkids will have fun making them!
11. Travel Tray- These travel trays from Somewhat Simple are so cute! It’s versatile and the kids are sure to love it!
13. Mason Jar Snack Shaker- These snack shakers from Babble are incredibly innovative. Spill proof, easy to make, and fun to shake, these jars are sure to be hit! Best of all, they make for some lovely percussion on the road!
16. Survival Kit- Now, this one is for us, the grammys, nanas, and grandmas. I love that Mom On Timeout calls it a “Survival Kit” because really, road trips, especially with kids, make you feel like you’re on an episode of Survivor. So, this ones for you because heaven knows you need your own special treats too!