Hearty Chicken and Rice Soup
This Hearty Chicken and Rice Soup is the perfect pick me up on a long chilly day and is super easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 12 oz bag mixed frozen vegetables (mine had corn, green beans, peas, & carrots in it)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and toss in chopped onion. Stir and let cook for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
Add in the chicken broth and water and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Add in the cooked chicken breast, rice, frozen vegetables, and spices and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Stir in the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper and serve.