Dinner Food Misc. Holidays New Year's Eve Recipes10 Insanely Tasty Muffin-Tin Dinners PinShareTweet 7. Tacos anyone? Try out these Crunchy Taco Cups from Kevin and Amanda. PinShareTweet Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
We call these “Uglies”. They ain’t purty, but they surely taste awesome. My family’s favorite is Chicken/Turkey Dinner Uglies (perfect for using Thanksgiving Dinner leftovers!):
~Cooked chicken or turkey without bones (leftover rotisserie chicken is great!), shredded
~1 jar chicken or turkey gravy
~big blob of leftover mashed potatoes
~blob of stuffing, if desired
~tube of refrigerated biscuits-FLAKY KIND! (I get the smallest tube I can find)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix chicken/turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
3. While chicken/turkey is heating up, spray the inside of the muffin tins with cooking spray.
4. Separate the biscuits; then, separate each biscuit it half by the layers, not like cutting a cookie in half
5. Smash the biscuit into the muffin tins.
6. Pour a bit of the heated chicken/turkey mixture into each one. You won’t need a lot of this mixture.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of each muffin cup stuff. I usually use mild cheddar.
8. Bake according to biscuit directions. WATCH CAREFULLY! When the cheese is melted, and the biscuit parts are brown, they are done!
9. Remove carefully from oven and allow to cool one minute.
10. I loosen the cups and remove with a knife. Be careful – the filling is hot!
I’m going to try this with pasta sauce and a meatball in each muffin tin, topped with Italian cheeses!
Pat I adore you! Loved your comments and now I want to try and make some “Uglies”!!!! haha