Amish Chicken Casserole is everything you would expect it to be by its name. Simple, easy and delicious!
Hello friends! Mandy here from Mandy’s Recipe Box. I was browsing Pinterest, trying to find something to make for this post when I came across this casserole. It is called Creamy Parmesan Chicken Casserole, but she also calls it Amish Chicken in the post. So I went with Amish Chicken Casserole here and it’s really good! It’s comforting and hearty and makes you want to snuggle the rest of the evening with a good book. Try it out for yourself and see what you think!
Amish Chicken Casserole
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz rotini pasta noodles cooked al dente
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or you can use a rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in large saucepan. Add flour and whisk together for 1 minute.
- Add broth, whisking and allow to come to a boil. Add thyme, salt and pepper as you whisk.
- Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk occasionally. Lower the heat and add milk and cheese.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until sauce is thickened and milk is warmed through.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and add diced chicken to the mixture. Stir and pour into the casserole pan.
- Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Check out these other recipes from Mandy’s Recipe Box…