Sometimes my husband forgets to tell me he has invited people for dinner. Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken is one of my go to dinners where I can run to the grocery store and whip up this beautiful meal and no one will be the wiser. It never fails to impress!
This recipe for Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken was inspired by one of my favorite restaurants. We have been going there for years. Dinner is served family style and we always order the same thing. But it was my birthday, so I took the liberty of ordering something different, and I was not disappointed. It tasted so good I wanted to eat out every night.
Instead of eating out every night, I decided to come up with my own version. I think it is even better. The best part is, Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken can be made in hurry on a busy weeknight. The trick is cutting the chicken breasts into cutlets for quick cooking. I even made you a quick video to show you how to cut chicken breasts into cutlets yourself; check it out!
Using the chicken cutlets, I was able to make an entire platter of Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken from only two large chicken breasts. This is a time saver and an easy way to stretch two chicken breasts to make a whole meal for 4.
Serve it with Roasted Garlic Bread and you have a whole meal in a jiff!
To make this meal I use a bag of baby spinach. It is triple washed and I just spread that on the platter, cover it with the browned chicken, drizzle the balsamic glaze, sauté halved cherry tomatoes with garlic and layer them over the top of the chicken with fresh mozzarella pearls. I add ribbons of basil for that last layer of flavor!Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken is one of the easiest company worthy meals I have ever made.
I hope you enjoy it.
Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 6 ounce bag of baby spinach leaves
- 2 large chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 6-8 cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil divided
- 3 cloves fresh garlic peeled and minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 8 ounce container of Mozzarella pearls drained
- 1/4 cup basil leaves sliced into ribbons
- Whisk glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Spread washed and dried spinach leaves on large platter.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken cutlets. Heat 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes each side.
- Lay chicken immediately onto spinach leaves. The warm chicken will wilt the spinach just a bit and marry their flavors.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over chicken.
- If needed, add remaining oil to pan and add tomatoes and garlic. Cook just until warmed through over medium low heat.
- Layer tomatoes and garlic over chicken and spinach. Pour any remaining liquid from pan over all.
- Layer mozzarella balls and then top with basil.
Try these for dessert!