I’m here to tell you that you can never have too many brownie recipes and you are definitely going to want this Blonde Brownies Recipe!
Earlier this month I took my grandson to Disneyland for his 5th birthday. I don’t know know who was more excited, my grandson, my daughter, my son, my daughter-in-law or me, his Grammy! We adults texted back and forth for WEEKS talking about what rides we want to go on but also what Disney treats that we MUST have while we are there. Some of these treats included a Dole Whip, a Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies treat, Mickey Mouse Pumpkin beignets, chocolate covered bananas, a Disney’s 60th Celebration Caramel Apple and a Monte Cristo sandwich. Do you have a special Disney treat that you love?
Now I don’t know if these Blonde Brownies can compete with Disney but they are definitely a treat! Chock full of two kinds of chocolate and macadamia nuts, these chunky blonde brownies don’t disappoint. They are great to bring to large gatherings.
So let’s get cookin’! Here is what you will need:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup white baking chips. Reserve ½ cup for top of brownies.
- 1 cup milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chunks or chips. I used milk chocolate chips.
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream your butter, white and brown sugars until well blended. Add the eggs and the vanilla.
- When well mixed, add in the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt until well incorporated.
- Add in 1 cup white chips, chocolate chunks and ½ cup nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars. Makes about 24 brownies.
Even though you may not be at Disneyland I hope you enjoy these brownies.
M. I. C……See you real soon!
Looking for MORE brownie goodness? Check THESE out!