We here at Made From Pinterest hope you have had a Merry Christmas! Now that one holiday is over, it is time to start gearing up for New Year’s and SuperBowl. I always feel like New Year’s is such an afterthought to Christmas. So I was looking for a recipe that would be a quick, easy appetizer for getting together with friends and family. I found this pin from The Plain Chicken!
Bacon wrapped food makes me feel like partying. Bacon is good stuff. I like it hickory smoked, and maple flavored, thick sliced, thin sliced, you name it, I am in love! Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Crackers are for those who are serious about party food. These satisfy the salty, sweet category. Easy prep and made ahead, it is perfect for a New Year’s Eve party and great tailgating food! A buttery cracker gets wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar; now that’s a good story. It definitely lured me in.
It’s so easy! Wrap the cracker in bacon, sprinkle with brown sugar and put it in the oven. Then go watch a movie. When the movie is done, your crackers should be just about finished. Let them cool, and you are set for a tasty treat!
When my daughter tasted them she said, “Can I eat all of them?”. When hubby tasted them he said, “Dangerously tasty!” We will definitely be making these again!
- 1 sleeve Town House crackers (about 24)
- 8 slices thin bacon, cut in thirds
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Wrap each cracker in a piece of bacon and place it on the rack. The bacon will not fit all the way around. Just wrap it to the back. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 1½ to 2 hours or until bacon is crispy.
- pound of bacon did 2 sleeves of crackers. These go fast, so I suggest making more than one batch.
Here are few other of our most popular appetizers at MFP: