Chocolate and strawberries were made for one another, and just when you think it can’t get any better…it does. I give you Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake.
Hi Y’all! Mandee here from The Kitchen Wife, and I am so excited about the opportunity to share with you some love from kitchen on Made From Pinterest. Since we are just getting to know each other, I thought I would share tell you about two of my favorite things, Chocolate and Strawberries. On their own these two are absolutely delectable, and it is a well known fact that together they are exquisite. But, when you put them in cake form, well THAT, my friends, is a game changer!
The story about how I came up with this recipe is kind of a funny one. It started with an invite to bring a dessert to the church picnic. I was newly married, and I really wanted to impress everyone with my wifely baking skills. We have some EXCELLENT cooks in our church and I didn’t want to embarrass myself. I thought about what dessert I loved most in the world. The answer was simple, chocolate covered strawberries. I knew very well that was not a practical dish to bring to a picnic, so I decided to play around with the concept a little and my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake was born. Over the years I have refined it a from the boxed cake mix I originally used, but I know you are going to love this dessert and it is sure to impress at your next get together.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake:
*Prep Time: 10 min. *Cook Time: 1-1 hr. 15 min. *Difficulty: Easy *Servings: 8-10
- 3 c. All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3 c. Sugar
- 6 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 c. Strawberry Puree*
- 1 c. Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 8 oz. Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 c. Half & Half
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, eggs, strawberry puree, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix together until smooth.
- Add the wet strawberry mixture to the flour mixture and gently fold it all together with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Place in the 325 degree over and bake for 60-75 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking you will make the ganache. Place the chocolate chips and half & half into a sauce pan. Turn on the heat to low. Melt the chocolate into the cream while continuously stirring. Once the chocolate has completely melted remove from heat and let cool.
- When the cake has finished baking remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Then place a cooling rack on top of the cake and flip. The cake should release from the pan onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour place the cooling rack over a baking sheet, pour over the ganche, and allow to set for 30 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*For the strawberry puree you can blend either fresh or frozen strawberries.