Lions and Tigers and Bears…Oh My! What do lions and tigers and bears have to do with this post? Absolutely nothing. But Oh My is what you are going to say when you make these Crunchers from Twirl and Taste.
At one time this was one of the most popular pins on Pinterest. So how could we not try these out?
Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and then line with the club crackers. They fit just fine in my pan and I didn’t have to cut to fit.
Melt your butter, sugar, brown sugar and crushed graham crackers and get ready for a yummy smelling mix. This smelled so good that I could just let it simmer on my stove and permeate every room in my house. Ahhhh…….
Pour half of this mixture over the crackers then smooth to cover crackers.
Repeat with crackers and 2nd half of brown sugar mix and then finish with your third and last layer of club crackers
Up next, melt your butterscotch chips, semi sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter.
Pour this melted mix over the last layer of crackers.
Lions and Tigers and Bears…OH MY!
- 80 club crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup butterscotch morsels
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. (Begin timing 5 minutes from when you see the first bubbles.) Remove from heat and spread half of butter mixture evenly over crackers. Place another single layer of crackers evenly over butter mixture, cutting to fit if necessary. Spread remaining butter mixture evenly over crackers. Top evenly with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate morsels, and butterscotch morsels. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over top of crackers. Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour. Lift foil overhang and remove bars from pan. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Thanks Libby for this great recipe. This Pin Rocks!