Egg Muffins are little personal omelettes in muffin form. The best thing is that you can make these any way you like. Just add your favorite vegetables, cheese and/or meats.
Hello there! Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box back with a yummy breakfast recipe. I don’t know about you but I love omelettes. I love that you can make so many different versions. Southwestern, Denver, Mushroom and Herb, you name it! These Egg Muffins are the perfect breakfast for eating on the go. Or you can top them with salsa and whatever else you fancy and have a leisurely breakfast/brunch with a side of fruit and orange juice. However you eat them, enjoy them!
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- ⅓ cup salsa
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot or onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream or milk and salsa.
- Add shallot or onion, salt, pepper, cottage cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Whisk all together and divide among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let sit in pan for 2 minutes before removing.
- To remove, just slide a knife around the edges of muffins and lift out with a fork.
- Serve with any additional toppings you like (crumbled bacon, salsa, avocados etc)
You may also like some of my other recipes:
This amazing article has been shared with Whipperberry!