Is the ground shaking where you live? If it is, that’s just me jumping up and down because summer is finally here! My favorite time of year. Woot! Woot!
It is time for BBQ’s, water activities, vacations, fresh fruit and just plain good ole’ summer time fun. And as you start your summer, I am going to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes for my sugar cookies. It is a recipe that I ALWAYS get asked for, sooo….are you ready to make some cookies? Let’s get cookin’!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Fruit of your choice. Strawberries, blueberries, bananas, kiwi, peaches, etc.
- Blend butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and egg. Mix in remaining dry ingredients and blend into the creamed mixture. Chill for 1 hour. Roll out dough on floured surface until ¼ inches thick (a must!) Cut with desired cookie cutter shape and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. For these cookies, I used a round cutter. Let cookies cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar. Blend well. Beat in whipping cream until soft peaks form. Spread cream mixture on cooled crust. Arrange fruit as desired on top.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
I love the red, white and blue of these Fruit Sugar Cookies. They are perfect for all the patriotic barbecues this summer!
If I’m not topping these cookies with fruit, I use a different frosting recipe and the cookies turn out more like this:
Check out the link HERE for the additional frosting recipe!
No matter which version you make, this might just be your new favorite cookie recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Looking for some more great cookie recipes? Check these out! (Click on the photo to be taken to the recipe.)
We’re sharing this post with: