Kool-Aid Popcorn is such a fun and tasty treat. You can change up the colors for any occasion. Red and Green are perfect for Christmas!
Hey guys, it’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box! I am excited to share this fun popcorn recipe with you. Kool-Aid Popcorn! Have you seen this before? My sister-in-law has made it before in a pretty light blue for a Frozen themed snack that my little girl loved. I decided to go with red and green for Christmas and it’s so festive looking!
I found this recipe on Pinterest via Num’s the Word. It was really good. The only thing I had a problem with was it got really hard and stuck to your teeth with the directions. It also says to bake in the oven for 40 minutes. I skipped that because my coating got instantly hard once I started stirring it into my popcorn. So I added my changes below to help with all that. It’s such a delicious treat that I can’t wait to make it all year in lots of fun colors.
- 1 bag of microwave kettle corn per color/flavor
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 package Kool-Aid
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pop kettle corn according to microwave instructions - filter out the seeds and pour kernels into a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the butter, sugar & corn syrup. Mix well until butter is fully melted.
- Let mixture come to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. NO LONGER.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in Kool-Aid packet until fully incorporated.
- Add baking soda to Kool-aid mixture - mixture will double in size and become thick and fluffy.
- Pour this mixture over popcorn. Mix well. Mixture will be VERY hot. Do not allow mixture to touch your skin.
- Spread out onto a silicone baking mat or wax paper to cool. Break into pieces and enjoy.
Check out these other recipes from Mandy’s Recipe Box…