This post has been sponsored by the wonderful folks at Nestle. All opinions are 100% mine.
The beloved PEANUTS gang are back! Charlie Brown, Patty, Snoopy, Woodstock, Linus, Schroeder, Sally and Pig-Pen have returned this holiday season in The PEANUTS Movie. I’m sure many of you I grew up like I did, watching Charlie and his friends in the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas cartoon specials. The best part of the Sunday newspaper was reading and quoting the PEANUTS comic strip.
Nestle Crunch is celebrating their return in an array of fun whimsical treats adorned in festive holiday graphics. The holiday collection includes the NESTLÉ CRUNCH Gift Cardholder Bar this is perfect for a stocking stuffer. The oversized CRUNCH 1 lb. Candy Bar will surprise and delight candy lovers of any age.
Fill your decorative bowls with the NESTLÉ CRUNCH Jingles and NESTLÉ CRUNCH Miniatures.
Quoting lines from favorite movies is something our kids have been doing for years. It won’t be long before they are quoting Charlie Brown’s most famous line, “Oh, Good Grief.”
I decided to celebrate the return of The PEANUTS gang by creating a new recipe, Peppermint Mousse Parfait Cups. They are a perfect holiday treat that you and the kids can whip up fast. Fluffy light peppermint mousse layered between crumbled NESTLE CRUNCH bars, topped with whip cream and a mini crunch bar. I think this is the kind of dessert Lucy would love!
Do you have a favorite quote from the PEANUTS gang? Share with us by leaving a comment below. OK, I can’t help it one more quote before I go.
“I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it.” – Sally Brown
Nestlé Crunch Peppermint Mousse Parfait
- For the crust
- ½ package Chocolate wafer cookies about 20 cookies
- 15 mini Nestlé Crunch candy bars chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- For the filling
- 1 3- ounce box white chocolate instant pudding mix or 1 box french vanilla instant pudding or 1-ounce box sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk or 2 cups for creamier mousse
- 1 8- ounce package cream <g class="gr_ gr_99 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear undefined Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="99" data-gr-id="99">cheese </g> softened to room temperature
- 1 3- ounce box instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix or 1-ounce box sugar-free cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon real peppermint extract do not use mint extract which is usually a combination of peppermint and spearmint
- 1 12- ounce container <g class="gr_ gr_95 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear undefined Grammar multiReplace" id="95" data-gr-id="95">frozen</g> whipped topping plus extra for garnish, if desired
- 1-2 drops of red food coloring optional
- Candy cane sticks Nestlé Crunch candy bars and crushed candy canes for garnish, if desired
- Place the Nestlé Crunch candy bars and chocolate wafers in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Spoon the crumbs into dessert cups of your choice. Place in refrigerator and prepare the mousse filling.
- Prepare the white chocolate pudding with the milk. Use 1 1/2 cups milk for thicker mousse, 2 cups for a thinner mousse. NOTE: Do not prepare the cheesecake pudding mix at this time. You will use it later in the recipe.
- Use a kitchen aid or standard mixer to beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Combine the dry cheesecake pudding mix, chilled prepared white chocolate pudding <g class="gr_ gr_159 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="159" data-gr-id="159">mixture</g> and peppermint extract, beat until completely mixed. Be sure to scrape <g class="gr_ gr_146 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Grammar only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="146" data-gr-id="146">down </g>the sides and bottom of <g class="gr_ gr_158 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="158" data-gr-id="158">bowl</g> to ensure all ingredients are mixed fully.
- Use a wire whisk attachment on slow speed to gently fold in the whipped talking. Add one drop of pink or red food coloring for light pink mousse, 2 drops for a darker pink mousse.
- Place mixture in <g class="gr_ gr_154 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="154" data-gr-id="154">refrigerator</g> for one hour to chill.
Use a spoon, pastry bag or ziplock bag with a large tip to top mousse on the crumb crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve top with additional whipped topping, crushed candy canes and crushed Nestlé Crunch mini candy bars.