What is your dream list for the perfect main course? Here is my oh so realistic list……. 1. I want it to make me look like a I’m a better cook than I really am. 2. It needs to allow me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family. 3. It should have vegetables that taste so good my kids won’t mind eating them. 4. I don’t want to make a special trip to the grocery store for a bunch of specialty ingredients that I will only use in this one recipe. 5. It should look so amazing that when you place it on the table everyone says “oooohhh ahhhhh”. I don’t want much do I?
Leave it to Simple Magazine to come up with Pan Roasted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Green Beans. After reading the recipe I decided to try it out and see if it was the “perfect main course”.
Toss your chicken in the oil mixture and place over your red potatoes. Pour the remaining oil mixture over the chicken and bake. Once it finished baking I stirred everything up to marinate all the flavors just before serving.
I used skinless bonless chicken tender loins and I knew they would finish cooking before the red potatoes. So I baked the lemons, green beans and potatoes for about 20 minutes, added the chicken tender loins and cooked for another 30 minutes.
When I placed this dish on the table my family was impressed, they ate their vegetables, I looked like a better cook than I really am, It didn’t take a long to make and no trip to the store for specialty ingredients! Oh yea……
This Pin ROCKS!
Pan Roasted Chicken With Lemon Garlic Green Beans
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes quartered
- 4 chicken breasts bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.
Link Parties: The Shabby Nest – Chic On A Shoestring Decorating – Family Ever After – Shaken Together – Simply Designing – The Answer is Chocolate – My Romantic Home – VMG 206 – While He Was Napping – Craftberry Bush – The Frugal Girls