Hello friends, it’s Allie from Through Her Looking Glass sharing this light and delicious Lemon Cream Strawberry Angel Food Cake today.
Hope you’re enjoying the beautiful spring weather wherever you are. We had mild winter here in New Hampshire, barely a snow flake in sight. The ski mountains had a rough winter, that’s for sure. Then suddenly at the beginning of April we started getting snow. No kidding. The crocuses were already blooming and green shoots were coming up. Then Mother Nature pulled an April Fool’s trick! Spring always takes a little longer to arrive in New England, and we just roll with it. (Like we have a choice!)
But when spring and summer finally DO arrive around here, we pull out all the stops and celebrate! We spend so much time indoors during the winter, so it’s a relief to get out of the kitchen and enjoy the great outdoors while we can.
That’s one reason I love this simple Lemon Cream Strawberry Angel Food Cake. It’s made in a flash by using a purchased angel food cake and lemon curd or spend a few more minutes to make it from scratch. (Click here for my easy homemade lemon curd recipe.)
I love lemon everything in spring and summer. How ’bout you? Fresh squeezed lemonade, lemon mousse, lemon tarts, lemon bars and this light and airy Lemon Cream Strawberry Angel Food Cake.
The combination of mouth puckering sweet and tart lemon curd, lemon whipping cream and luscious strawberries is irresistible.
This Lemon Cream Strawberry Angel Food Cake is a show stopper and perfect for all your spring and summer entertaining.
- 1 angel food cake (homemade or purchased)
- 1 pint (16 ounces) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 cups lemon curd, divided (homemade or purchased)
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed & sliced
- Additional lemon zest for garnish
- In metal mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir in 1 cup lemon curd and 2 tablespoons lemon zest.
- Set aside lemon cream mixture.
- Slice angel food cake horizontally, evenly into three rounds.
- Spread ½ cup lemon curd on the bottom 2 layers,
- Then spread both layers with ⅓ lemon cream mixture.
- Add a layer of fresh sliced strawberries.
- Stack layers on top of each other, ending with the cake top.
- Dollop remaining ⅓ of lemon cream mixture on top.
- Garnish with lemon zest and sliced strawberries.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
You may also like: