“Mom, what’s for dinner tonight?”. How many times have you heard that and thought… I wish I knew! I’m pretty good about planning out menu’s ahead of time. But there are always times when despite the best planning you don’t have anything ready for dinner and you need a quick and easy idea to help. Potatoes with Parmesan to the rescue! Did you know that the potato is about 80% water and 20 % solids? Or that the average American eats 137.9 pounds of potatoes a year? How about this one…...how many calories does a 8-ounce baked or boiled potato have?…..about 100 calories. Sounds like a trick question to me! Why? Because very few people (none that I know) eat any size potato PLAIN. It is what gets added that make the potato taste great. This recipe from Favorite Family Recipes caught my attention because I have never used Parmesan Cheese with baked potatoes before and I like the idea of adding the seasonings before you bake them.
Melt your 1/4 cup butter (I doubled to 1/2 cup for my crew) in a 9X13 inch pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese and lightly sprinkle other seasonings of your choice all over the butter. Place potato halves face down on the butter and seasonings.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve on a plate with a side of sour cream or ranch dressing.
I made these on a soccer game night, the kids walked in picked up a potato half and basically “inhaled” them. I had a bowl of sour cream for “dipping”, that didn’t get used! We did have a few left over halves that tasted just as good the next day.
Yup, you guessed it…..This Pin ROCKS!
Potatoes with Parmesan
- 6 small potatoes scrubbed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup butter
- <span id="GRmark_3dee3685fb3f8835d04a04a0a200522d752367da_grated:0" class="GRcorrect">grated</span> <span id="GRmark_3dee3685fb3f8835d04a04a0a200522d752367da_parmesan:1" class="GRcorrect">parmesan</span> cheese
- <span id="GRmark_5a8e67c436c66f25cd6c23e7c2c7d2452cf12a62_garlic:0" class="GRcorrect">garlic</span> powder
- <span id="GRmark_3cb9894b5b6fd84aa0838795bc9f1bdfd39e0cda_other:0" class="GRcorrect">other</span> seasonings to personal preference
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Generously sprinkle <span id="GRmark_6bfd713396369de4b605343ca225a7df84146ea5_parmesan:0" class="GRcorrect">parmesan</span> cheese and lightly sprinkle other seasonings all over the butter. Place potato halves face down on the butter and seasonings. Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve on a plate with a side of sour cream for dipping.
Look who we are linking with today! Cornerstone Confessions, Home Stories A to Z, Blackberry Vine, Carolynn’s Home Work, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, A Bowl Full of Lemons, The Rustic Pig, Nap Time Creations, Hun What’s for Dinner, Memories by the Mile, Chef in Training, Blessed with Grace, Ladybug Blessings, Inside BruCrew Life, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Sugar Bee