Did you know when the clock strikes midnight on October 31st Halloween will turn into Christmas! Take down your Halloween/fall decorations, turn on some Christmas music, start making your list and checking it twice. Take your Christmas decorations down from the attic and start working on your holiday menu! Do yourself a favor by including this Rosemary and Cranberry Cheese Ball recipe on your holiday grocery shopping list.
This year all of our children and two granddaughters will be home for Christmas. The last thing I want is to spend large amounts of time in the kitchen preparing complicated recipes. I want to spend as much time as I possibly can enjoying our kids and spoiling my granddaughters beyond reason. My list of fun holiday activities to do grows longer every day!
My goal this year is to find delicious recipes that are quick and easy to make. My family is going to love this Rosemary and Cranberry Cheese Ball. I’m a big fan of sweet dried cranberries, and I think just about anything tastes better with a little cream cheese. I was surprised to find the recipe calls for garlic salt. The combination of the garlic salt, rosemary and pecans give this spread a rich, robust flavor.
Serve this spread with bagel chips or your favorite crackers, it’s a great addition to any celebration or perfect for a decadent afternoon snack!
Rosemary and Cranberry Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream <g class="gr_ gr_55 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="55" data-gr-id="55">cheese </g> softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 roughly chopped pecans
- In a medium mix cream cheese, garlic powder, dried sweetened cranberries, rosemary, <g class="gr_ gr_52 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="52" data-gr-id="52">salt</g> and pepper.
- Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.