Halloween is tomorrow. What will you be serving to your children before they gorge themselves on candy? When my kids were little, I always tried to
force encourage my kids to have a good meal before they left to go Trick-or-Treating. It was not always an easy task!
However the perfect dinner is something made in your crockpot! (I love my crockpot and this is the one that I love!) Put the ingredients in the morning and it will be ready to go at a moments notice and ready before everyone wants to run out the door. This recipe that I pinned from Christy Jordan’s Southern Plate is perfect for a crockpot Halloween night.
Here are the pictures that I pinned from Christy on Pinterest:
Here are the pictures from me making this dish:
This turned out EXACTLY like the original pin and was a yummy in our tummies. And now here’s the recipe so that you can
force encourage your trick-or-treaters to eat something good before they go running from house to house to make their haul.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion chopped (I use Vidalia)
- 1 -8 ounce box Zatarain's Yellow Rice Mix cooked according to directions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 - 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup regular or fat free
- 1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve hot.
I promise that if you make this, you will agree with me that This Pin Rocks!