Do you like Mexican food? Then you are definitely going to want to stick around for this Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!
I am from Southern California and have always loved me some good Mexican food. Now that I live here in Utah, authentic Mexican food is harder to find.
I don’t really know how “authentic” this Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup is but it sure makes me feel like I’m at home in Southern California surrounded by all of my favorite Mexican restaurants.
Another thing that I love about this soup is that you can make it as mild or as spicy as you would like. Me? I like more of a mild spicy flavor. My husband? He wants to burn his nose hairs off. It’s all up to you!
But no matter how spicy you make it, I know that you are going to want to keep this recipe close to your el corazon (heart) because you are going to love it so much!
How much do I love it? It is one of my favorite recipes that I have and I could eat it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
It’s that good.
Oh and did I mention that this soup is made in your crockpot?
- 1 pound chicken, shredded
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 4oz can chopped chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 15oz can whole corn
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder - More if desired for a spicier soup
- ¼ bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Crunched tortilla chips
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Combine all ingredients and cook in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with crunched tortilla chips, sour cream and grated cheese
This awesome post has been shared with Living Well Spending Less!