Shortcut to deliciousness, quick and easy Strawberry Waffle Cakes, layered with fresh strawberries, coconut cream and chocolate. A new way to use your box cake mix.
There are times when I crave something sweet like a slice of cake, but I’m not in the mood to take out all that’s needed to bake that cake. I was watching someone on Snapchat and she was experimenting with foods she could cook in a waffle iron, like cookie dough. That got me to thinking, why not just use my waffle maker to make that sweet treat.
I took a shortcut and started with a box cake mix to make things easier. I added some baking powder, milk, sparkling water, oil and vanilla. No eggs are required, yes that;s right no eggs required.
I topped my waffle cakes with fresh sliced strawberries, whipped coconut cream and chocolate. My craving for something sweet was definitely satisfied, and I didn’t have to wait for a cake to bake.
Strawberry Waffle Cakes
- WAFFLE CAKES
- 1 boxed vanilla cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk or milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract or vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- prepared whipped cream I used prepared So Delicious coconut whipped cream
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Slice strawberries into a medium bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, stir, cover and set aside.
- Sift cake mix into a medium bowl, add in the baking powder, milk, sparkling water, vanilla and oil. Mix together with a whisk or hand mixer until well combined.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour some of the batter onto the waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- While waffles are cooking, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir until all chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Serve waffles topped with the fresh strawberries, cream and drizzled with the chocolate.
If you like this, you may enjoy some of my other creations over at The Whole Serving. Here are a few of my latest creations, stop by a check them out.