Ya know, one of the most fun aspects about having a blog is the opportunity to meet and get to know other bloggers. One of the neatest people that I have met from blogging is Jeni from Bakerette.com! She has an amazing blog that you seriously need to check out. Her recipes are scrumdiddlyumptious and her photos make you salivate just looking at them.
One of her recipes that I have pinned is her Supreme Pizza Lasagne in a Crockpot. Last week while taking care of my daughter after having her second child, I needed to make a dinner that hopefully everyone loved but didn’t take a lot of time. I mean, who can spend a lot of time making a meal when you have a two year old to chase around? I hoped that this recipe would fit the bill.
The test of this pin came after dinner when someone in our house asked for seconds. Who was it, you ask? My two year old grandson! HE LOVED IT! We also had this lasagne the next day as lunch leftovers and my son-in-law said he thought it tasted just as good or better the next day. WOW! Two great testimonials. Thanks Jeni!
This Pin definitely Rocks!
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon
- Italian Seasoning
- 12 ounces ground sausage, cooked and drained
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 2 jars (23-28 ounces each) of your favorite chunky spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 carton (16 ounces) Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease the inside of a 6 to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Cook the ground sausage and drain. Mix in the Italian seasoning with the sausage.
- Break 3 of the lasagna noodles in half and arrange them on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with half of the cooked sausage. Arrange 12 pepperoni slices over the top of the sausage. Layer with a third of the spaghetti sauce, half of the water, half of the ricotta cheese, and a third of the mozzarella cheese.
- Break 3 more lasagna noodles and arrange them over the mixture. Add the remaining sausage and pepperoni and a third of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle the remaining water and ricotta over the top of the sauce, and a third of the mozzarella cheese.
- Break the remaining 3 lasagna noodles and arrange over the top of the mixture. Add the rest of the sauce and mozzarella cheese. If desired, sprinkle with more Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Do not overcook or the noodles will get hard.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
We are happily linking to these sites today: