To begin I get out my muffin tin. This provides the perfect half cup portion. I simply pour the buttermilk into each compartment, place the muffin pan on a baking sheet, and freeze overnight.
In the morning, I remove the muffin pan from the freezer, let sit on the counter for five minutes, and the frozen buttermilk cubes pop right out! How cute are these perfect half cup portions!?!
Next place the cubes in a resealable bag. I like to write how much each cube is. When you are ready, melt and use in what ever dish you need! It’s that simple! It’s simple kitchen tricks like this one that help up save time and money. So give it a try soon!
And as always…
Happy Reading, Happy Eating, Happy Living,
~The Kitchen Wife~
PS- If you love this kitchen hack and want more head on over to thekitchenwife.net for more tips, tricks, and great recipes!
How to Freeze Buttermilk
- Muffin Pan
- Baking Sheet
- Resealable Bag
- Pour the buttermilk into each compartment of the muffin pan.
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and sit on the counter for 5 minutes.
- Pop the buttermilk cubes from the muffin pan and place in a resealable freezer bag.
- To use, melt and apply to recipe.