These Baklava Cookies have the great taste of Baklava in cookie form. The center is delicious enough to eat alone! Perfectly sweet and chewy.
Hey guys! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box back with a yummy cookie recipe.
Have you ever even seen how they make Baklava? I’m pretty sure it takes eleventy-nine days. All the flaky layers filled with the baklava filling. Have you ever counted the layers? I’m pretty sure there are no less than 43 layers. Guys. These cookies are awesome. I mean come on. Look at the centers! You really could just grab a spoon and eat the filling alone. Or bake some pie crust strips and dip them in it. Ohhh… I just had a great idea. Anyway, give these cookies a try. The neighbors will love them as gifts. If you feel like sharing.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 18 oz. package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt butter; stir in the powdered sugar and honey. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in walnuts and cinnamon.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide cookie dough into 24 pieces and roll each into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet that's been greased or lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Remove cookies and place a small dollup of nut mixture in the center of each cookie.
- Bake another 2-3 minutes until done.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Check out my other cookie recipes: