This Birthday Cake Popcorn is a fun treat that is so easy to make. White chocolate, cake mix and sprinkles are all you need to make popcorn a celebration!
Hey there! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box and I have the funnest treat for you: Birthday Cake Popcorn. When you make anything with cake mix and sprinkles, it’s bound to turn into a fun time! My birthday is in a few days and I thought it would be totally fitting to make this popcorn. It’s an easy recipe and so delicious. I love anything with cake mix in it.
So pop some popcorn, melt some chocolate, and watch this Birthday Cake Popcorn disappear! It is a great treat to make someone for their birthday. Just put it in a pretty package and make their day!
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 12 oz. package of white chocolate chips
- ¼ to ½ cup white cake mix
- After popping the popcorn, remove any extra kernals and place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. If melting in the microwave, heat it for one minute and stir. Continue heating at 20 second intervals to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once chocolate is melted, add dry cake mix and stir. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or silicone baking mat. Sprinkle with sprinkles and let set.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.
Here are some other recipes with cake mix:
Be sure to visit me on Mandy’s Recipe Box and social media: