These churro chips are light and crispy cinnamon sugar covered tortillas that are great for a family day at home. They are sure to be a hit at any party! Plus they are easy to make.
I don’t know about you, but cinnamon sugar is a favorite flavor combination at our house. We even have a sugar shaker just for cinnamon sugar so we can use some whenever the mood strikes. Since we love it so much, I thought that I would share this easy churro chip recipe with you all.
When I was little, my parents would make these cinnamon sugar chips for us as a special treat. We loved it! We ate them just as fast as my parents could make them.
- Flour tortillas
- Oil for frying (I used vegetable oil)
- Cut tortillas into chips. You can do wedges or strips. Whatever you like.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a large bowl. You will be tossing the chips in the mixture so make sure there is room.
- In a deep pan heat your oil to 350-375. It can vary depending on your type of oil. It is best to have a thermometer so you know if your oil is getting too hot.
- Fry a few chips at a time until both sides are a dark, golden brown. Remove chips from oil and let excess oil drain for a minute.
- Put hot chips into cinnamon sugar and toss to completely coat.
One person can easily make these, but it is helpful to have a second set of hands just to man the cinnamon sugar. That’s the part the kids love to do anyway, so I am sure I will have no shortage of help. This time, I manned the sugar and my mom fried them. (Thanks, mom!)
Check out some of my other tasty snacks.