Packed with protein, Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad will fill you up with hearty flavor. This quinoa salad takes only 30 minutes to make and is a meal in a bowl.I am having another snow day! I swear my daughter is never going back to school. We have had so many snow days, it is not even exciting anymore. We had a big snow storm earlier this year, and our district did not declare it a snow day. Turned out the weather was much worse than was anticipated, and it was a disaster. Our county made the national news and trended on twitter for the disastrous decision. Buses were hours late, there were accidents, and it was just a mess. So now the county is being extra careful and we are calling snow days for light snow. And it has me in the mood for spring. This salad is a year round, easy recipe that is packed with protein and tastes amazing! I love all the colors. And quinoa, you are my new friend. I love the way you look like a little piggy tail all curled up and cute. This salad is perfect to make ahead for days on the go. Absolutely portable. I am a girl with a good appetite, and this salad is really satisfying. It tastes great and fills me up!
Adapted from Zesty Quinoa Salad
Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 limes juiced to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn thawed
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer, about 10-15 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin and 1 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Combine quinoa, beans, tomatoes, onions, cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. May be chilled in refrigerator or serve immediately.
Cold Rice Salad
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
This amazing post has been shared with Living Well Spending Less and Tatertots and Jello.
Leave a Reply