Packed with protein, Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad will fill you up with hearty flavor. This quinoa salad takes only 30 minutes to make and is a meal in a bowl.I am having another snow day! I swear my daughter is never going back to school. We have had so many snow days, it is not even exciting anymore. We had a big snow storm earlier this year, and our district did not declare it a snow day. Turned out the weather was much worse than was anticipated, and it was a disaster. Our county made the national news and trended on twitter for the disastrous decision. Buses were hours late, there were accidents, and it was just a mess. So now the county is being extra careful and we are calling snow days for light snow. And it has me in the mood for spring. This salad is a year round, easy recipe that is packed with protein and tastes amazing! I love all the colors. And quinoa, you are my new friend. I love the way you look like a little piggy tail all curled up and cute. This salad is perfect to make ahead for days on the go. Absolutely portable. I am a girl with a good appetite, and this salad is really satisfying. It tastes great and fills me up!
Adapted from Zesty Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ to 2 limes juiced, to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 (15) ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn thawed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer, about 10-15 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin and 1 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Combine quinoa, beans, tomatoes, onions, cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. May be chilled in refrigerator or serve immediately.