It’s grilling season, and I am always looking for the perfect side to go with dinner. Found it! Cucumber Tomato Chickpea Salad is delicious! This salad is full of fresh herbs and big on flavor. As soon as the smells of those pretty herbs hit the kitchen, I already knew this was going to be a winner! The original recipe does not call for feta cheese, but when I added it, WOW! The creamy, tart flavor is over the top good!
And look at all that colorful summer goodness! The dressing is simple. How can just a few normal pantry ingredients combined in just the right amounts taste that good? Seriously, this hits all the right notes.One of my favorite things about this salad that I am just gushy in love with, is that it also stands on its own. Those Chickpeas make the salad filling enough for lunch, and make this a meal on it’s own if you want.The other night I had this with some grilled steak, which was delicious, but the shocker was that this salad went faster than the steak, and no leftovers! Good thing I had ingredients leftover for another batch to take to the lake for snacking on the boat. Much better than the bag of chips I usually eat, more filling and flavorful too!
Thanks to Kitchen Confidante and her Chick Pea Salad that was the inspiration for this recipe! This Pin Rocks!
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas sometimes labeled as garbanzo beans - rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups peeled and diced cucumber
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup cilantro, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons minced basil
- 2-3 tablespoons minced mint
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I used country Dijon, it's my fave)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad ingredients. Toss gently to combine.
- Top with feta cheese and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Yup, it's that easy! Enjoy.
This awesome post has been shared with Home Stories A to Z