Hello fresh berries!
What could possibly increase the flavor of fresh summertime raspberries, blueberries or blackberries? Moist angel food cake, lemon curd mixed with cream cheese of course!
The best part about this dessert is how quick and easy it is to make. If you are feeling domestic you can make an Angel Food cake from scratch. If you are in a hurry or just don’t feel like baking, use a store bought Angel Food cake. Trust me no one will know the difference.
Add some fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries then top them with a couple dollops of whipping cream, lemon zest and a sliced lemon. I absolutely adore all things lemon! My mouth is watering just thinking about this dessert.
The inspiration for this dessert came from Mary over at Home is Where the Boat Is. My dessert is served differently than Mary’s but all the ingredients remained the same.
Another pin that…..
- 1 Jar Lemon Curd
- 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- 1 Angel Food Cake cut in bite sized cubes
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 Slice of lemon
- Lemon zest
- With a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid mix lemon curd and cream cheese until blended well.
- Cut Angel Food cake into bite size pieces.
- Place cubed Angel Food pieces into dessert cup.
- Top cubed Angel Food cake with two dollops of lemon curd and cream cheese mixture.
- Place blackberries, raspberries and blueberries over lemon curd and cream cheese mixture.
- Top berries with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, lemon zest and slice of lemon.