One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh berries that are in season. I can always find any berry I want at my grocery store or at our local farmer’s market. Fresh berries are always perfect quick, healthy snack.
How do you make something as good as fresh berries taste even better? Make delicious deviled berries!
Just like deviled eggs the key to success is all about the filling!
The filling is made with whipping cream, cream cheese, sour cream and a bit of lemon juice. The final touch is created by sprinkling crushed graham crackers over the filling and berries. The hint of lemon in the filling is the perfect companion with to any berry. My family DEVOURED every berry in one sitting! Thank you Teri and Jenny from Spoon Fork Bacon for the awesome recipe.
This Pin Rocks!
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 16 large strawberries, tops cut and split in half lengthwise
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Place room temperature cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and set aside.
- In another chilled mixing bowl with use an electric mixer to beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
- Slice the backs of each strawberry, every so slightly, so they sit up straight. Using a small measuring spoon or melon baller, carefully hollow the inner center of each strawberry.
- Fill a piping bag or Zip Loc bag (fitted with a star tip) with the cream cheese mixture and pipe into each cut strawberry, raspberry and blueberry.
- Finish each with a sprinkle of crushed graham cracker crumbs and serve.