Hi! It’s Marye from Restless Chipotle again, here to share one of my favorite Pinterest recipes of all time! I love Asian food and these spicy, Easy Thai Peanut Sesame Noodles are quick and easy to make. Best of all they are full of flavor and versatile enough to be either a side dish or a main course with the addition of a protein.
I found this pin for Thai peanut sesame noodles on The Recipe Critic. If you haven’t been to Alyssa’s blog then you should take a look. She has lots of family friendly recipes but this is my favorite. Tender pasta is swathed in a creamy, spicy, peanutty sauce that just couldn’t be easier. The original recipe calls for linguine but I used spaghetti because that’s what I had on hand. I’ve added chicken or pork to this recipe in the past and it is fantastic but my favorite way to eat these is just like this. I do like to squeeze a little fresh lime over the top to brighten the flavors but that is just me.
I was making wedding cake for my eldest daughter’s best friend’s wedding the day that I made these. The kids were all eating sandwiches for dinner and I was up to my elbows in ganache and buttercream. I was feeling very stressed, and although I try to stay low-carb because of my health issues, I just needed the calming effect of carbing out. These did the job!
I am almost ashamed to admit that I ate all of this recipe myself in the space of 24 hours.
If I can throw this dish together in the midst of making wedding cake you can make this no matter what is going on!
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chile sesame oil or regular sesame oil if you like it less spicy
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or as desired to adjust spiciness
- 8 ounces linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine - cooked and drained
- ½ cup chopped peanuts, optional
- ¼ cup chopped green onions, optional
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or Thai basil, optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
- Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, stock, garlic, ginger, and Sriracha if using, in a small saucepan over medium heat until smooth.
- Add the cooked noodles, toss so that they are completely covered with sauce, and serve them immediately with desired toppings.
Hey, lets connect on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
You may also like these popular posts from my blog, Restless Chipotle…