Hello and Tis the season for cookie swaps, cookie gifting, and signing up to bring cookies for holiday parties! I’m Kath from Penney Lane and I have a go-to cookie I make for almost all of these occasions. I typically make the Caramel Kiss Cookies because they are easy and delicious and are always a hit. But I feel like I’m in a bit of a cookie rut, if you will, so I wanted to find another great cookie recipe to shake up the holiday season!
So here is my Easy Toffee Cookies recipe!
I found a Pecan Slice Cookie recipe in Taste of Home and changed it up a bit. I’m a sucker for toffee, especially with the “buttery melt in your mouth” kind of toffee. So, I thought my holiday cookie baking absolutely needs these toffee cookies!
Easy Toffee Cookies
- 6 Tbsp. Butter Softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture into the egg and sugar.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee bits.
- Shape the dough into two 7 inch logs and wrap them in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unwrap the dough logs and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkle with the remaining toffee bits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
These cookies remind me of making cookies with my mom as a kid. We made a lot of slice and bake cookies. They are so good- chewy and buttery and full of toffee goodness. With the seasons coming near, I hope you enjoy your delicious treats, and remember that a simply delicious cookie recipe can go a long way and bring smiles to those faces at your holiday parties!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also enjoy these posts from my blog at PenneyLane: