5. Winter Storm Preparedness
Winter Storm Preparedness. Snow, strong winds, ice storms, heavy rain, and subfreezing temperatures can all be part of a winter storm. According to No Fear Preparedness, most deaths are indirectly related to the storm because of car accidents or hypothermia. They can be a deceptive killer.
So, what have you and your family done to prepare for a winter storm?
I have witnessed quite a few winter storms and they can be scary if you are unprepared or caught unaware. There are many things you can do to prepare your home, vehicle, and your family. Here are just a few tips from No Fear Preparedness:
- Have snow shovels accessible from your home and car.
- Winterize your home and vehicle.
- Maintain at least half a tank of gas.
- Dress for cold weather when going out.
- Listen and watch for weather reports.
- If caught outside, remove wet clothing to prevent loss of body heat.
Find more specific tips and items to have on hand during this emergency to better prepare your home, family, and car here.