Hi guys, it’s Judy from I’m Bored Let’s Go and I’m happy to be back here today to share with you one of my absolute favorite flavor combinations, lemons and blueberries, in a delicious, moist Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake.
I’ve been pinning a lot of lemon blueberry recipes for quite some time looking for the perfect lemon blueberry cake recipe. When I came across this pin from Chef in Training, I thought it looked so moist and full of blueberries, just want I was looking for, so I gave it a try.
This Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is fantastic and I’m sure you will love it too!
The recipe called for the loaves to be baked for 55-60 minutes. I checked mine at 55 minutes and I think I should have taken it out about 5 minutes earlier. It was still moist and delicious, but the edges were a bit browned. After 45-50 minutes start checking your loaves by poking with a tooth pick and if it comes out clean it’s ready!
I wanted the cake to have a strong lemon flavor so I swapped the vanilla for lemon extract in the cake portion of the recipe. For the glaze I only used only lemon juice and no milk as called for. If you’d like a milder lemon flavor make it according to the recipe as written.
Enjoy this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake any time of the day. I had a slice (ok, let’s be honest, 2 slices) for breakfast with a big cup of coffee after my workout. Now that’s a perfect breakfast, in my opinion!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1¾ cups sugar
- zest of one large lemon
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2½ cups flour (plus a bit more to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Glaze
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat on low an additional minute after each egg, adding vanilla with the last egg.
- In a separate large bowl add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Alternate adding ⅓ of the dry ingredients and the buttermilk at a time to the butter/sugar/lemon zest/egg mixture. Don't over mix, just combine the ingredients.
- In small bowl, toss the blueberries with a tablespoon or two of flour to coat the blueberries (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom when baking). Gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Grease and flour 2 large loaf pans.
- Divide batter between the pans and bake for about 50-55 min. Start checking for doneness after 45 minutes.
- Let loaves cool about a half hour, remove from pans. Drizzle glaze over top of loaves.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients in mixing bowl until smooth.
See you next month!
Here’s a few more delicious baking treats from my blog I’m sure you’ll enjoy:
This awesome post has been shared with Home Stories A to Z