I wish I had this Mummy Calzones recipe back when we were raising our family. We always wanted our three children to eat something good for dinner before they went out to trick or treat. It was a challenge indeed because all our kids wanted to do was just get their costumes on and head on out.
These Mummy Calzones would have captured their attention and got them to eat before the sugar rush came!
Although this looks fancy, it is easier to make than you think. I encourage you to try it as I know your kids will gobble it up and it will get some good food in their tummies before Halloween. Just look. It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare!
- Pizza dough refrigerated or homemade
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 black olive for eyes optional
- Cooked Sausage
- Cooked Bacon
- Any other favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll pizza dough out onto large cookie sheet
- Using a small spatula for guidelines, cut strips on both long sides of dough, leaving 2-3 inches in the center uncut
- Spoon pizza sauce down the center
- Add cheese
- Then add pizza toppings and more cheese
- Wrap the calzone beginning at the bottom and slightly criss crossing and overlapping the dough
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water
- Brush egg wash over pizza dough
- Bake for 25-30 or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes
- To serve as Mummy for Halloween, slice black olive to make eyes
We promise that this will be a “Yummy Mummy” that your kids will love!
Here are two more SUPER fun Halloween recipes!