Every once in a great while, I get to travel with my hubby on his business trips. He loves it when I can come because traveling as much as he does gets awfully lonely.
Recently I went with him to New Orleans and although it was fun to see the different architecture of the buildings, it was kinda yucky. I won’t go into details but there definitely are areas of New Orleans that are sketchy.
To confirm this point, we were in one area and we went past a church that had a sign out front. You know the kind. The kind of churches that put really clever little sayings on their white signs with the black plastic letters. Things like: “Honk if you love Jesus… Text while driving if you want to meet him.” Or “We are not Dairy Queen… but, we have Great Sundays!” Well, I told my husband that I thought that we were in a very bad area when we saw and passed this church sign:
“Thou Shalt Not Kill.”
“Honey” I said, “I think that we need to get out of here fast! “
We got a good laugh but at the same time, we were glad to get into a better area! It sure didn’t make us feel “warm and fuzzy” being in that yucky part of town…but no worries! This Halloween Hot Chocolate will definitely make you feel warm and fuzzy! I know. Groan.
I pinned this super easy recipe for a white hot chocolate from Your Homebased Mom and colored mine much like hers. And then I also made my mini marshmallows into little ghost faces from a pin that I pinned from Family Fresh Meals. All you need is an edible marker, which I bought from Michael’s, and then draw little faces on your marshmallows. Aren’t these cute? Other options for toppings are sprinkles and/or googly eyes. Your kids are going to love these and you are going to love that this Halloween Hot Chocolate is going to keep them “warm and fuzzy” during the cold nights of October!
- 12 ounces of high quality white chocolate, I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- 8 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring. I used AmeriColor Soft Gel colors in orange, green and purple
- Candy googly eyes, sprinkles and mini marshmallows
- Whip cream
- Edible food Marker. I bought mine at Michael's.
- In a large bowl, put in your white chocolate, cut up into small pieces or your white chocolate chips
- Over medium heat, warm up the milk until you just start seeing bubbles..
- Pour the milk over your white chocolate.
- Mix until your chocolate is melted and the milk is smooth and not lumpy
- Add your vanilla and your desired food coloring.
- If desired, take some mini marshmallows and draw little ghost faces on them with an edible marker.
- Serve with whip cream and whatever topping you like, sprinkles, candy eyes, etc.
We have a ton of GREAT ideas for Halloween for you! Here are just a few!!