It’s the most dreadful time of the year. Sinister ghouls waiting in the bushes, horrible monsters stalking the streets at night, the dead waking from their sleep, and ghosts visiting the living from the other side. The chill air bites, and dead, crisp leaves litter the ground. Jack o’ lanterns cast a frightening glow to passerby, reminding all to beware… It’s Halloween! And of course, that means it’s time for Halloween food. But, what do monsters, and goblins, and witches eat? Let us help you there with our list of 101 Spooky Halloween Foods. I promise you, they’ll be absolutely ghastly…
Time to wake the dead!
14. Pumpkin French Toast Bake– The rule is if you add pumpkin to anything, it automatically becomes a Halloween dish. Pumpkin and cookies? Halloween. Pumpkin and ice cream? Halloween. Pumpkin and cheese? Halloween. And now, Dinner Then Dessert‘s sweet and tasty pumpkin French toast bake- Halloween.
Bread isn’t just for the living anymore…
These appetizers look revolting…. I can’t wait to try them….
26. Jack O’Lantern Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Peppers– If carving a pumpkin sounds like to much work this year, try carving a pepper instead! The best part: you can eat it! Check it out at Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
Don’t worry. Human isn’t on the menu tonight….
Halloween cookies? How dreadful.
50. Twisted Halloween Cookies– Our twisted Halloween cookies may look complex, but they are actually quite easy and look beautiful!
55. Easy Ghost Cookies– Don’t be surprised when these cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread completely disappear. If you’re wondering if I’m referring to them being ghosts or that everyone will gobble them all up, the answer is yes.
It is true that a cupcake or truffle will stave off a monster’s appetite….. for a while…..
72. Mummy Cereal Bars– Mummy cereal bars that are happy to see you!
I highly recommend the decayed juices of the undead. It’s got a nice tangy flavor to it…..
89. Bloody Shirley Temples– I want to suck your blood…. but this will do.