I have a confession. I love Harry Potter. No, I mean it. I really, really love Harry Potter. It’s not that I’m not in love with Harry Potter. He just happens to be my favorite (fictional) person in the whole wide world. I cry when he cries. I laugh when he laughs. His triumphs are my triumphs! I’m always cheering him on. He’s not even real. Totally fiction. But, reading his story as he grows up and becomes who he’s meant to be- ugh. I just grew to LOVE this character. I just want this totally fake, not real person to be happy in his totally fake, not real universe. If you love Harry as much as I do (or if you love him to a lesser, more sane degree…), then you’ll love our 101 ideas for the ultimate Harry Potter party!
Don’t be afraid to go heavy on the decor. This is Harry Potter we’re talking about…
A real wizard party means real wizard food. And lots of it.
11. Sorting Hat Cheese Ball– If you’ve ever wondered what the dusty, dirty Sorting Hat would taste like (who hasn’t, right?), here’s your chance to test it with this recipe from Sustaining the Powers.
We love wizard drinks. Especially butterbeer. We have 3 different butterbeer recipes for heaven’s sake!
21. Polyjuice Potion– Our delicious potion is both easy and delicious!
It’s not a party if there aren’t desserts!
41. Molly Weasley’s Rock Cakes– As an American, I had no idea that rock cakes are not just a nickname for Hagrid’s baking. They are a real British treat (although maybe you already knew that!) and you can find a delicious recipe for them at Bakingdom!
43. Cookie Decorating Tutorial– Is it just me, or is Pinterest filled with the most beautiful Harry Potter sugar cookies? If you are dying to know how to decorate these cookies yourself, check out this tutorial from Sweet Jenny Belle.
Everyone can bring home a souvenir from their visit to the wizarding world.
60. Book Bag– I think it’s safe to assume that if you’re a Harry Potter fan, then you love books (unless you’ve only watched the movies. If so, promptly check out the first Harry Potter from the library and begin the journey…) Tried and True‘s book bags are a cute way to lug around your favorites!
When someone comes up with a DIY invisibility cloak, will you let me know? Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, a google search for “Wizard’s Chess” only resulted in regular chess. Thankfully, we have a bunch of other games for you to play!
82. Quidditch– Quidditch: like football only with 7 players, 4 balls, 3 hoops, and you’re soaring hundreds of feet in the air on on a narrow broomstick. Just the same. Find this DIY at Food, Fitness, Life, Love.
These are free. Let me repeat: FREE.