According to the description on this pin, “If you serve this delectable treat as a birthday cake, you’ll be starting a tradition. One that’s going to be hard to break.” How can you resist a challenge like that? Well, I certainly couldn’t so on the menu for our Sunday dinner was this Oreo Cookie Cake.
Needless to say, it was a smashing success and this Oreo Cake recipe that we will be making again real soon. But I think this time, I will try using some hot fudge to make it even more decadent. I mean, why not?
- 1 pkg. 2-layer size devil's food cake mix
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 OREO Cookies coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.