Hi y’all! It’s Marye from Restless Chipotle, back here on Made From Pinterest to share one of the recipes I’ve found. To me, there is nothing quite like a peanut butter cookie. Salty, sweet, chewy, crispy — it’s a cookie that seems very plain but in reality has so much going on that you can’t help but love it!
I have a peanut butter cookie recipe that I love and I’ve used it for probably a hundred years. It really never occurred to me to find another recipe — after all — if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, right?
Well when I saw these peanut butter crinkle cookies from Laughing Spatula I knew I was going to try them. I love crinkle cookies so much and I had never seen a peanut butter type before.
I followed the recipe exactly except it calls for raw sugar crystals to roll the dough in to get that crunchy outside part. I didn’t have any so I used granulated white sugar and it worked fine — although it wasn’t as crunchy as it would have been with the raw sugar.
I was a little concerned that these peanut butter cookies were going to spread all over the pan because the dough is very soft but it didn’t. The cookies crinkled just like they are supposed to and maintained their shape. The flavor is good and the texture is classic crinkle cookie all the way. I don’t think they beat my peanut butter cookie recipe but they are definitely in the running.
You might want to chill the balls of dough before baking, though. I think it would give these peanut butter crinkle cookies a little more oomph. And hey — we could all use more oomph, right?
Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sugar or sugar crystals for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place parchment or Silpat over a cookie sheet.
- Beat the sugar, brown sugar, and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to the sugar mixture.
- Blend well, scraping down the mixer bowl as needed.
- Dough will be soft.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into round balls.
- Roll in sugar and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Hey — follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. We have all kinds of fun!
Here are some of my favorites from Restless Chipotle —
Crispy Chewy Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lunchbox Cookies
This awesome post has been shared with Homestories A to Z and Whipperberry.
Leave a Reply